Re: LDAP entries missing from search results depending on search base.

--On Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:44 AM +0200 Michael StrÃder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
In the meantime, download RE24 and see if back-mdb
does better for you.

Are you serious? The bug Brandon observed and which I can confirm is a
serious threat to LDAP functional model. I could definitely reproduce it
for a while.

Yes, I'm quite serious. It would be worthwhile to confirm whether or not back-mdb suffers the same issue. The issues I've seen with back-hdb that are similar to this (ITS#6983, for example), is due to the IDL cache code in back-hdb. back-mdb does not have an IDL cache. So if you can't reproduce it with back-mdb, it is likely the issue is once again in the IDL cache. Regardless, an ITS should most certainly be filed by Brandon so this can be tracked and fixed.

IMO back-mdb is still rather experimental though I definitely appreciate
all the work done recently.

I think it is at least beta quality as of yesterday. I'm running it in production now on a few servers, and except for the issues I had with accesslog cleanup (which is what got fixed yesterday), it has been quite stable for a few weeks.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.