Re: Hashing the userPassword

Suneet Shah wrote:
> I am creating a user in OpenLDAP using Java. The user is being successfully
> created, but the passwords are being stored in clear text.

How do you set the password? If you send attribute userPassword along when
creating the user's entry with a AddRequest you have to perform the password
hashing at the client's side.

If you use separate Password Modify Extended Operation to set the password of
an *existing* entry the directive 'password-hash' in slapd.conf (or attribute
'olcPasswordHash' in cn=config) is relevant.

Ciao, Michael.