How to bind ldap2.4 with user certificate ?

Hello,

is there any way to bind an ldap server using user certificates rather than
user/password ?

I have experimented that using "bindmethod=sasl" and "saslmech=external"
"tls_cacert=CAFILE" and "tls_cert=PROXYUSERFILE" in olcSyncRepl section,
but I would like to also be able to bind ldap with a personnal certificate rather
than with a "user/passwd" when using ldapsearch for example.

How should I configure my "ldap.conf" and call "ldapsearch" to bind as such ?

Thanks

---
Olivier