Re: mirrormode and N-way multimaster replication

--On Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:24 PM +0530 mallapadi niranjan <niranjan.ashok@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all

I am trying to understand the differences between mirrormode and N-way
multimaster replication.
I am using openldap-2.4.23-20.el6 , From the admin guide fromÂ
www.openldap.org , I would like to clarify the below point

In Mirromode . if i have two openldap servers(m1-m2), I can do
add/del/mod operations only on m1, but cannot do add/del/mod operations
simultaneously on both m1 and m2 , I can do add/del/mod operations on
m2 only when m1 is down.

Where as In N-Way multimaster replication, (if m1 and m2 are two openldap
servers), i can do add/mod/del operations on both m1 and m2
simultaneously ,Â

Can some body clarify if the above understanding is correct.

<http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201202/msg00441.html>

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.