Re: Scaling LDAP

Hello Gibson,

Thks for replying. However, my concern is:

In our production system we have 8GB of ram with 100GB hard disk. So till what limit it the Read/Write operation to LDAP goes smoothly.
Lets say - 1 row of data is 10K bytes.

Please don't mind - but we are planning for the afterwards approach. (What to do - when LDAP goes slow with this configuration)

For Example - In mysql we could do first level partitioning the tables and afterwards at last resort we could do its sharding.

So, my query is - Can we do anything other than upgrading H/W or OS if the I/O operation to LDAP gets slow?

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav Gugnani