Re: syncrepl simple bind

> > For syncrepl to work do we need to enable the sasl? I had the sasl
> > disabled and configured to replicate using simple bindmethod, with
> > the following config:
> > syncrepl        rid=001
> >                 provider=ldap://ldap2.example.com
> >                 type=refreshAndPersist
> >                 retry="5 5 300 +"
> >                 searchbase="o=tld"
> >                 bindmethod=simple
> >                 binddn="uid=admin,ou=users,o=tld"
> >                 credentials=password
> >                 schemachecking=on
> >
> > but I get the following error:
> >
> > slap_client_connect: URI=ldap://ldap2.example.com
> > DN="uid=admin,ou=users,o=tld" ldap_sasl_bind_s failed
> (-1)
>
> ldap_sasl_bind_s is the name of the binding function for
> both simple and SASL binds.  It doesn't mean you're
> performing a SASL bind.  If it was a dn/password issue,
> you would see error code 49.  You got error code -1,
> which seems to imply it cannot open a connection to
> ldap2.example.com from that server.
>
> --Quanah

Thanks for your response!

ldap1-client <->   slapd2:       Communication OK
slapd1       <->   ldap2-client: Communication OK
slapd1       <-/-> slapd2:       Communication failure

Using 'ldapsearch' command, I am able to bind and search on the
slapd2 server from the server (slapd1) that is issuing the above
error and vice-versa. So, the client modules from one server have
no trouble connecting the slapd on the other server, however,
the slapd to slapd communication via slap_client_connect for
syncrepl seems to have an issue.

I am wondering if there is anything in the cn=config configuration
that could lead to this.

Thanks