slapd/slaptest fail with cyrus-sasl-2.1.25

Hello all

I have openldap-2.4.29 on x86 Solaris 11, compiled from source.

It links against cyrus-sasl libraries, also compiled from source. All
was working well with cyrus-sasl-2.1.23. After upgrading sasl to 2.1.25
slapd refuses to start:

# /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d 8
4f4a8bad @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.29 (Feb 26 2012 19:45:45) $

@xfer-srv01:/opt/build.d/openldap-2/tmp/openldap-2.4.29/servers/slapd
4f4a8bad slap_sasl_init: auxprop add plugin failed
4f4a8bad slapd stopped.
4f4a8bad connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

If i downgrade cyrus-sasl again to 2.1.23, the error does not occur and
slapd works normally without recompiling.

I have seen bug reports about a similar problem with debian, and from
that report (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=628237) it
seemed that the problem lies with the sasl library, but should be fixed
in the meantime.

But still, I keep getting that error, and no configuration or
compilation option (apart from totally disabling sasl) will help.

Does anybody have an idea of how I could debug this further? Is this
still a known issue?

Thanks
/markus