cannot get base DN / suffix from ldap browsers

Hello,

I cannot figure out why on one of my replicas, I cannot browse the DIT .
Apache Directory Studio for example, only show the "root DSE(2)", but the base DN (namingContext or directory suffix, whatever you call it ...) isn't visible !? on my others replicas and the master, everything is fine, I do browse the DIT, the browser shows "root DSE(3)" with the suffix visible.
I might be missing something obvious, but cannot figure out what.
I checked ACL:

access to dn.base="" by * read
access to dn.base="cn=Subschema" by * read
access to dn.subtree="dc=int-evry,dc=fr"
        by dn="cn=admin,dc=int-evry,dc=fr"                      write
        by users read

but still, the suffix dc=int-evry,dc=f doesn't shows up on that particular replica !? I run openldap-servers-2.4.23-20.el6.i686 with cn=config created from a slapd.conf transformed with slaptest -f .

Any help greatly appreciated .