Re: help with replication

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Aditya Kalabarigi
<kalabarigi.aditya@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mauricio,
>
> Thanks a lot for your response.
>
> I have no problem in moving the ldap database as such to the new
> environment. The existing ldap replication is setup via slurpd, where the
> slurpd looks for a log file called slurpd.replog for any new changes in the
> database and if there are any the slurpd reads the log file and push the
> changes to the client.
>
> This is working in the existing setup but it is not working in the new
> environment I build to migrate the master and slave ldap servers from rhel4
> to rhel5 and also the idea is to move them on to vmware hosts and get rid of
> the physical hosts.
>
> I will have a look at the link you mentioned, but am pretty sure we are not
> using syncrepl for replication.

      AFAIK, slurpd was deprecated and replaced with syncrepl. I
personally have never used slurpd so unfortunately I will not be able
to help you much. That said, I would expect the log files to tell you
something useful (or at least something you can post here). To give
you some ideas, with syncrepl you see a lot of ldapsearches. So, you
then look for the error (err=something) entries in the log file, find
what what that error means, and then see if that and the arguments for
this last ldapsearch provides any clues.

Another thing to check is security settings like selinux. That usually
always bite me.