From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org <openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org>
To: openldap-technical@openldap.org <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Sent: Sat Feb 11 05:10:24 2012
Subject: howto prepare automatic backups

Hi

Im looking how to prepare automatic backups to openldap database. In last mail I comment problem with a crash report, and Im testing how can I do backups and restore it. Only I view slapcat command, but you need to stop the database, and is a critical server and I can't do this stop without create problems to users. There is not any other form?

And for other part I would like to understand the content of every folder, because Im with a ubuntu 9.04 server and Im checking what folder I need to control for future restores. Can someone explain the funcition of /var/lib/ldap and /etc/ldap/???

Where is the users data?

Thanks

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.