Simple bind error in CAS-Openldap authentication.

Hi,

I am trying to use CAS-Openldap authentication for a local application.  At this point I am not sure if this error is a CAS problem or Openldap:

This is the error in   catalina.out:

WHAT: simple bind failed: ldap1.curry.edu:389; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: ldap1.curry.edu:389 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake]
ACTION: TICKET_GRANTING_TICKET_NOT_CREATED
APPLICATION: CAS
WHEN: Fri Feb 10 11:15:48 EST 2012
CLIENT IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.91
SERVER IP ADDRESS: 192.168.60.44