Re: Is putting slapd into read-only mode sufficient for backups?

I wrote:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 14:36:20 -0800, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
Chapter 19 is obviously a work-in-progress, transferred over from the
FAQ-o-Matic.

Presumably because backup has previously only been described in
the FAQ-o-Matic.  But I'm pretty sure this has been the documented
backup method with the Berkeley DB backends since forever.

"the documented" -> "a documented" backup method.  In the FAQ, which
people were commonly directed to read earlier in OpenLDAP's life.

Getting back to how to speed up restore:

If you do move to slapcat/slapadd, note that tuning slapd as described
in the Guide speeds up slapadd a lot, if you have not already done
that.  So does the -q flag to slapadd.  There was a time when a
normally configured slapd would not open a database built with slapadd
-q, but I think that was a long time ago.

Hallvard