Re: Is putting slapd into read-only mode sufficient for backups?

--On Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:21 PM -0500 Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com> wrote:

Follow-up: is it expected that the misc db_* utilities can be used
safely at this point?

The only officially supported backup method with OpenLDAP is slapcat. Everything else, you do at your own risk. Personally, I think that article is wrong, as I believe you would at a minimum require id2entry, dn2id, and all of the current BDB log files. I also would not trust any FAQ entry that references LDBM, as that indicates that it is of significant age.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.