Re: Openldap 2.4.28 master/slave crash after upgrade?

On 01/27/2012 12:44 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, January 27, 2012 12:07 AM +0100 Raffael Sahli <public@raffaelsahli.com> wrote:

Hi

I did an upgrade of two ldap server (master/slave) from 2.4.21 to 2.4.28
two days ago.
 And today, the master crashed, if I do an ldapsearch:

Has someone similar problems, or can somone helps me?
 The next thing I'll do is go back to 2.4.21, maybe that helps....

Can you try using the current code from RE24 instead and see if it fixes your issue? 2.4.29 is about to release, so it would be good to know if that fixes your issue.

--Quanah

OK, It was not the upgrade (probably not), the problem is an ldap database.

The slapd daemon is now working without problems, but I need this ldap database ;). If I add the database again, the daemon crashes again after a few seconds (200-400s).

The same setup works on a slave server (same ldap database, same ACL).

What could that be? The last slapd debug entries just show lines like:

daemon: activity on 1 descriptor
daemon: activity on: 25r
daemon: read active on 25
daemon: epoll: listen=7 active_threads=0 tvp=zero
daemon: epoll: listen=8 active_threads=0 tvp=zero
daemon: activity on 1 descriptor
daemon: activity on:
slap_listener_activate(7):
daemon: epoll: listen=7 busy
daemon: epoll: listen=8 active_threads=0 tvp=zero
daemon: activity on 1 descriptor
daemon: activity on: 30r
daemon: read active on 30
daemon: epoll: listen=7 busy
daemon: epoll: listen=8 active_threads=0 tvp=zero
daemon: activity on 1 descriptor
daemon: activity on: 39r
daemon: read active on 39
daemon: epoll: listen=7 busy
daemon: epoll: listen=8 active_threads=0 tvp=zero

process is

Could that be a strange acl thing (long lookup time or something like that, We have acl rules pointing to the remote server),
but a daemon crash? And a slave works with the same ACL...

Thanks

--
Raffael Sahli
public@raffaelsahli.com