Re: making a full replica: slapd -c "rid=xxx" doesn't seem to work

On 01/02/2012 08:47, Jephte CLAIN wrote:
On 27/01/2012 17:33, Jephte CLAIN wrote:
This is not working as documented, isn't it?
For now, I will seed the consumer with an export of the two objects
cn=config and olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config from the master. even
though they are not updated, it will not be problem because the consumer
will already be up to date :-)

Hello,

I kinda have a chicken and egg problem here: with slapadd, I cannot define an acl with a DN that is not existing

I mean, I define acls on the frontend to enable syncrepl replication.
I have to seed olcDatabase={-1}frontend to have the initial acls, because like the two other, it is not replicated, because the frontend on the consumer is newer than the one on the provider.

So, I have on the provider:

dn: olcDatabase={-1}frontend,cn=config
olcAccess: {1}to * by dn.exact="cn=syncrepl,dc=univ-reunion,dc=fr" manage by * break

When I try to slapadd it on the empty consumer, I get:

4f28d8ef /etc/ldap/slapd.d: line 1: bad DN "cn=syncrepl,dc=univ-reunion,dc=fr" in by DN clause

It does not work because cn=syncrepl,dc=univ-reunion,dc=fr does not exist yet. And I cannot add it later, because as a replica, it cannot be modified

... what can I do?
Perhaps I just can't setup the consumer properly? Am I the only one to hit this "bug"?

The workaround is simple: each time I setup a consumer, refresh the entries on the master to force the replication with the current content, but this is awkward

--
cordialement,
Jephté Clain