Re: Trying to get passthrough auth working with OpenLDAP and Kerberos

On 01/25/12 12:14 -0800, Chastity Blackwell wrote:
For the last two weeks I have been on a sojourn through the wonderful
world of LDAP, Kerberos, and SASL, which has had me banging my head
against the desk more often than not. Today I'm finally crying uncle and
asking for some help.
[chas@ldapsandbox]$ ldapwhoami -x -D
'uid=chas,ou=People,dc=test,dc=domain' -W
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
[chas@ldapsandbox]$

syslog shows this:
2012-01-25T12:04:55-08:00 ldapsandbox slapd[14363]: SASL [conn=6]
Failure: cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file or directory
Meanwhile, the saslauthd I'm running with /usr/sbin/saslauthd -a
kerberos5 -d doesn't even show a connection or anything to the console.
Any idea why it can't connect to the saslauthd server?
And here's my /etc/sasl2/slapd.conf:

pwcheck_method: saslauthd
saslauthd_path: /var/run/sasl2/mux

Verify (with netstat) that saslauthd is listening on '/var/run/sasl2/mux',
and verify the user/group that slapd is running under has permissions to
access /var/run/sasl2.

--
Dan White