Re: How to enable monitoring in OpenLdap with cn=config Backend

Hello Dieter,

Am 18.01.2012 12:34, schrieb Dieter KlÃnter:
In my mind this is the behavior from the cn=config backend, Right??

>  Now i have to configure this cn=config backend to be able to become
>  monitored.
>
>  Could anyone be so kind to help me here? Please let us try to
>  configure this out with the cn=config backend.
>
>  Thanks in advance
If there are modules loaded already, modify the apropriate entry:
ldapmodify -D xxx -W -Hldap://some.host
dn: cn=module{0},cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcModuleLoad
olcModuleLoad: monitor.la

or better, use a decent ldap client like web2ldap, ldapvi or Apache
Directory Studio.

I've found a back_monitor.la in /usr/lib/ldap/.

Added in ldapvi the following lines:

(ldapvi -D cn=admin,cn=config -b cn=config)

----
12 cn=module{0},cn=config
objectClass: olcModuleList
cn: module{0}
olcModulePath: /usr/lib/ldap
olcModuleLoad: {2}back_monitor

13 olcDatabase={2}monitor,cn=config
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
olcDatabase: {0}back_monitor
olcAccess: {0}to * by dn.exact=gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth manage by * break
olcRootDN: cn=monitor,cn=config
olcRootPW: {CRYPT}3B64HY27EjB5I
-----

Now i got the following failure:

-----
Error: Invalid key: `12'.
What now? [eQ?]
-----

If i only add the lines from the key "13" i got the same error.

Now next try:

----
12 cn=module{1},cn=config
objectClass: olcModuleList
cn: module{1}
olcModulePath: /usr/lib/ldap
olcModuleLoad: {2}back_monitor
----

result: the same error - Invalid Key: `12`

I don't have any more ideas.

Now i've created the following cn=module entry:

ldapadd -H ldap://localhost -x -D "cn=admin,cn=config" -f "cn_Monitor_add.ldif" -W
Enter LDAP Password:
modifying entry "cn=module{1},cn=config"

---------
dn: cn=module{1},cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcModuleLoad
olcModuleLoad: back_monitor.la

----------

Now i have the following entry for the module{1}

---------
# Eintrag 1: cn=module{1},cn=config
dn: cn=module{1},cn=config
cn: module{1}
objectclass: olcModuleList
objectclass: top
olcmoduleload: {0}back_monitor
olcmoduleload: {1}back_monitor.la
olcmodulepath: /usr/lib/ldap
---------

Now I'am not sure if the monitorbackend is now well configured...
but i will add now the monitoring with munin and try to access to the monitoringbackend.

--

Gruà Axel