Re: How to enable monitoring in OpenLdap with cn=config Backend

Am Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:37:21 +0100
schrieb Axel Birndt <towerlexa@gmx.de>:

> Hi Dieter,
>
> Am 18.01.2012 09:09, schrieb Dieter KlÃnter:
> >> abirndt@ubuntunb:/usr/sbin$ sudo ./slapd -VVV

> > If the above is the only output of the command, than there are no
> > staticly build in databases and overlays, but only loadable modules
> > which have to be loaded explicitly.
>
> Ok, thanks for the explainings. Could you or someone help me to
> identify how i could do this?
>
> In my mind this is the behavior from the cn=config backend, Right??
>
> Now i have to configure this cn=config backend to be able to become
> monitored.
>
> Could anyone be so kind to help me here? Please let us try to
> configure this out with the cn=config backend.
>
> Thanks in advance

If there are modules loaded already, modify the apropriate entry:
ldapmodify -D xxx -W -H ldap://some.host
dn: cn=module{0},cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcModuleLoad
olcModuleLoad: monitor.la

or better, use a decent ldap client like web2ldap, ldapvi or Apache
Directory Studio.

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung