Re: smbldap-populate error

On Monday, 2 January 2012 12:23:57 Adrián Arévalo Tirado wrote:
> OpenLDAP version:   2.4.23-7.2
> Samba Version:      2:3.5.6
> Operating System    Debian 6.0 "Squeeze"
>
> Hello everybody.
>
> I'm trying to install a Samba + LDAP PDC but when I try to create the
> database with smbldap-populate I get this error:

> -----
>
> Populating LDAP directory for domain empresa
> (S-1-5-21-802753395-3202467916-1484007712)
> (using builtin directory structure)
>
> entry dc=empresa,dc=com already exist.
> entry ou=Users,dc=empresa,dc=com already exist.
> entry ou=Groups,dc=empresa,dc=com already exist.
> entry ou=Computers,dc=empresa,dc=com already exist.
> entry ou=Idmap,dc=empresa,dc=com already exist.
> adding new entry: uid=root,ou=Users,dc=empresa,dc=com
> failed to add entry: objectClass: value #4 invalid per syntax at
> /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 498, <GEN1> line 58.

Around line 199 of my version of smbldap-populate (which may be different), I
have stuff like this:

$entries.="\ndn: uid=$adminName,$config{usersdn}
cn: $adminName
sn: $adminName
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: sambaSAMAccount
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount

[...]

Value 4 would be:
objectClass: sambaSAMAccount

> adding new entry: cn=Domain Admins,ou=Groups,dc=empresa,dc=com
> failed to add entry: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax at
> /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 498, <GEN1> line 101.

And at line 287 I have:

dn: cn=Domain Admins,$config{groupsdn}
objectClass: top
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: sambaGroupMapping
gidNumber: 512
cn: Domain Admins

Value 2 would be:
objectClass: sambaGroupMapping

So, this really looks like a very basic error, either in whatever
documentation you are following, or your following of it. You cannot store
Samba users in LDAP without having loaded the samba schema.

> Please provide a password for the domain root:
> /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd: user root doesn't exist

> ------- In the log file I get this other error:
> -------
>
> slapd[1369]: conn=1005 op=28 do_search: invalid dn:
> "sambaDomainName=empresa,dc=empresa,dc=com"
>
> slapd[1369]: conn=1005 op=29 do_add: invalid dn
> (sambaDomainName=empresa,dc=empresa,dc=com)

This is a better hint ...

> ------- I  included in slapd.conf the samba.schema.

Does your system use slapd.conf for configuration, or the back-config /
cn=config / /etc/ldap/slapd.d method?

Because, your LDAP server definitely doesn't have the schema definitions it
should have. You could of course verify that yourself by searching under
cn=Subschema ...

> Any ideas? I've been looking for any solution for 4 days and nobody seems
> to know anything.

Well, it shouldn't have been too difficult to:
1)Find what data it is trying to add
2)Checking that you have the relevant schema to support the use of the
attributes, and objectclass values, that are failing.

Regards,
Buchan