openldap ssl/tls not getting started

Hi,

     I am using openldap-2.4.19-4.fc12.x86_64 on fedora 12 machine. I want to start slapd with ssl/tls enabled. I have followed all the necessary steps as per specified in admin guide  but still slapd not getting started in ssl/tls mode. Whenever I do ldapsearch with -ZZ option, it shows can't contact LDAP server(-1).

     Can anybody tell me the detailed steps and settings so that I can match those with my followed steps?

    Server file names are as follows:
    /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
    /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
    /etc/ldap.conf