Re: Account question

All commands I try work on both OS's. On the Solaris server su or ssh
test01@sol10-1 doesn't work. The user03 account works in just fine.

On sol10-1 in the log /var/adm/messages I get this error when I ssh:
libsldap:Status: 49 Mesg: openConnection: simple bind failed - Invalid
credentials
keyboard-interactive (PAM) userauth failed[9] while authentication:
Authentication failed.

On sol10-1 in the log /var/adm/messages I get this error when I su:
libsldap:Status: 49 Mesg: openConnection: simple bind failed - Invalid
credentials
'su test01' failed for user03 on /dev/pts/3

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Raffael Sahli <public@raffaelsahli.com> wrote:
> On 14.12.2011 19:08, NetNinja wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> I have a two different user accounts and one works the other not so
>> much. The account user03 works on both Solaris 10 and RHEL clients.
>> While test01 can do everything but login to the Solaris 10 client, I
>> can use this account to login to the RHEL client though. Can someone
>> look at my accounts below and tell me why user03 works and test01
>> doesn't?
>>
>> # user03, People, test.net
>> dn: uid=user03,ou=People,dc=test,dc=net
>> uid: user03
>> cn: user03
>> objectClass: account
>> objectClass: posixAccount
>> objectClass: top
>> objectClass: shadowAccount
>> shadowMax: 99999
>> shadowWarning: 7
>> loginShell: /bin/bash
>> uidNumber: 603
>> gidNumber: 500
>> homeDirectory: /home/user03
>> gecos: user03
>>
>> # test01, People, test.net
>> dn: uid:test01,ou=People,dc=test,dc=net
>
> Wrong dn, but I guess thats a mistake with copy&paste ;)

I hand typed all this. yes that was a typo. Also I made a typo with
this shadowMax: 0 should be  shadowMin: 0