Re: Fresh install on debian with cn=config and slapd.conf conversion

Le jeu. 15 dÃc. 2011 10:59:31 CET, Raffael Sahli a Ãcrit :
On 12/15/2011 10:54 AM, reyman wrote:

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Raffael Sahli <public@raffaelsahli.com <mailto:public@raffaelsahli.com>> wrote:

    On 12/15/2011 09:46 AM, rey sebastien wrote:

        Le jeu. 15 dÃc. 2011 08:51:29 CET, Raffael Sahli a Ãcrit :

                OK, it's work, i have a fonctionnal slapd.d/cn=config
                folder, but i don't understand why i can't access to
                openldap with cn=admin,dc=parisgeo,dc=cnrs,dc=fr and
                good password generated by

                My slapd.conf before conversion contain the SSHA
                password generated by slappasswd for rootDn :
                -----

                database bdb
                suffix "dc=parisgeo,dc=cnrs,dc=fr"
                rootdn "cn=admin,dc=parisgeo,dc=cnrs,dc=fr"
                rootpw {SSHA}xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                ----
                I try this :
                root@xxxxx:/usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.d#
                ldapsearch -D cn=admin,dc=parisgeo,dc=cnrs,dc=fr -W
                -x 'userName=*'
                Enter LDAP Password: ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

                Bizarre ...
                Perhaps i can try to redefine the rootdn, because it
                disapear with conversion ?
                Do you have an idea about this ?

                Thanks,
                SR.

            >Use slapadd. Again, RTFM. Everything you've asked in the
            past week or so has been documented in the manpages and
            the Admin Guide. Read and learn.

            Yes right, @rey rtfm, and ask your question again, if
            you're sure your point is not in the OpenLDAP manual.
            But i'm sure you will find your answer there.

            >Please trim irrelevant text from your emails. Please
            update your Subject line to something relevant to the
            actual discussion topic.
            @Howard, please say that to the guy who ask questions,
            and not me^^

            Raffael Sahli wrote:

                On 14.12.2011 16:54, rey sebastien wrote:

                    Le 13/12/2011 16:48, Raffael Sahli a Ãcrit :

                    Hi!
                    It's not easy to start with zero configuration
                    with cn=config new
                    openldap administration ..
                    I create my bd.ldif based on the slapd.ldif
                    example in the
                    /usr/local/etc/openldap directory.
                    But how can i insert this ldif with

                    ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f myldiffile.ldif

                    if i cannot run slapd without configuration ?
                    How do you start a fresh install of openldap in
                    this case? there is an
                    option to run slapd without zero configuration?
                    Thanks a lot,

            Use slapadd. Again, RTFM. Everything you've asked in the
            past week or so has been documented in the manpages and
            the Admin Guide. Read and learn.

        Everything ? really ... Install from sources with specific
        init script installation on debian ? Also, i find nothing
        about a fresh install directly with cn=config (without
        conversion of slapd.conf) into the admin guide ...

        I'm not a junior system administrator, i make a phd in
        geography / geomatics, and i have only one week before
        christmas to create and populate a new ldap in my laboratory.
        I try to learn the maximum with google/debian tutorial and a
        lot of false tutorial, but actually, and i'm sorry about
        that, i have no time to read all the man page, and all the
        admin guide ...

        Thanks you again for the time you take to answer to my
        question Raffael, and others.

    First, change the subject, your problem has nothing to do with SSL.

    And to your root password problem, if you just convert your
    offline config to online config, you root password will be the
    same as before.
    Did it worked with the offline configuration?
    Or change the olcRootPW manually in the config ldif of your
    database.

Hum i check into my config ldif and olcRootPW doesn't appear.

Sorry, but again RTFM http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/

Thats the global configuration, the password is in your database configuration.

# AUTO-GENERATED FILE - DO NOT EDIT!! Use ldapmodify.
# CRC32 7bbc1dd2
dn: cn=config
objectClass: olcGlobal
cn: config
olcConfigFile: slapd.conf.seb
olcConfigDir: /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.d/
olcArgsFile: /usr/local/var/run/slapd.args
olcAttributeOptions: lang-
olcAuthzPolicy: none
olcConcurrency: 0
olcConnMaxPending: 100
olcConnMaxPendingAuth: 1000
olcGentleHUP: FALSE
olcIdleTimeout: 0
olcIndexSubstrIfMaxLen: 4
olcIndexSubstrIfMinLen: 2
olcIndexSubstrAnyLen: 4
olcIndexSubstrAnyStep: 2
olcIndexIntLen: 4
olcLocalSSF: 71
olcLogLevel: Stats
olcPidFile: /usr/local/var/run/slapd.pid
olcReadOnly: FALSE
olcReverseLookup: FALSE
olcSaslHost: claroline.parisgeo.cnrs.fr <http://claroline.parisgeo.cnrs.fr>
olcSaslSecProps: noplain,noanonymous
olcSockbufMaxIncoming: 262143
olcSockbufMaxIncomingAuth: 16777215
olcThreads: 16
olcTLSCRLCheck: none
olcTLSVerifyClient: never
olcToolThreads: 1
olcWriteTimeout: 0
structuralObjectClass: olcGlobal
entryUUID: 065b0668-632b-4573-a915-bbe2caf96586
creatorsName: cn=config
createTimestamp: 20111214212046Z
entryCSN: 20111214212046.446261Z#000000#000#000000
modifiersName: cn=config
modifyTimestamp: 20111214212046Z

I try to re-add the pasword with slapmodify :

dn:cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcRootDN
olcRootDN: cn=admin,dc=parisgeo,dc=cnrs,dc=fr

dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcRootPW
olcRootPW: {SSHA}1dWxkkRtyUJt5fDga0Pn4EAyKQ5RPI4+

root@xxxxx:/usr/local/etc/openldap# ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f initSlapd.ldif
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
SASL SSF: 0
modifying entry "cn=config"
ldap_modify: Insufficient access (50)

Hum, i don't really understand why i have not access,
i change only password, rootsuffix, and rootdn into the slapd.conf before conversion ..

I try to add manually the attribute olcRootPw, olcSuffix,olcRootDN
olcSuffix: dc=parisgeo,dc=cnrs,dc=fr
olcRootDN: cn=admin,dc=parisgeo,dc=cnrs,dc=fr
olcRootPW: {SSHA}1dWxkkRtyUJt5fDga0Pn4EAyKQ5RPI4+

I have this error at restart :
Dec 15 10:52:04 claroline slapd[11462]: olcSuffix: value #0: suffix <DC=parisgeo,DC=cnrs,DC=fr> not allowed in frontend database.

Hum i think it's a good idea to remove all config/data file, restart with a fresh slapd.conf and retry the conversion ..

-- Raffael Sahli
    public@raffaelsahli.com <mailto:public@raffaelsahli.com>
    Switzerland

--
<http://stackoverflow.com/users/385881/reyman64>

--
Raffael Sahli
public@raffaelsahli.com

OK i verify into the slapd.d, and the three line is ok.
I change the password directly in the file, but it's impossible to connect with cn=admin,dc=parisgeo,dc=cnrs,dc=fr

THe ldap log says : Dec 15 11:28:50 claroline slapd[12237]: conn=1001 fd=12 ACCEPT from IP=127.0.0.1:35697 (IP=0.0.0.0:389) Dec 15 11:28:50 claroline slapd[12237]: conn=1001 op=0 BIND dn="cn=admin,dc=parisgeo,dc=cnrs,dc=fr" method=128 Dec 15 11:28:50 claroline slapd[12237]: conn=1001 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=49 text=