Solaris 10 Native Client connecting to OpenLdap How to needed

I am working on getting a bunch of Solaris 10 hosts connected to OpenLdap. I am not Ldap expert by far however I must get this working.

I have 0 issues getting Linux clients to connect but Solaris 10 how to's docs are very evasive.

I have searched everywhere the best I can find is a few online docs that say you need to load a custom schema.

I just need user / passwd authentication to a directory nothing more. Will not be using TLS..