Re: memberof overlay deployment

--On Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:20 PM +0000 Asplund Marko <marko.asplund@ixonos.com> wrote:

On 07/12/2011 21:03, "Quanah Gibson-Mount" <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

"slapadd" is a tool.  "slapcat" is a tool.  Running either of those
binaries means you're running in "tool mode".

Thanks for clearing that up.

Is there something special we need to do in order to get memberOf
attribute values populated in tool mode?
I interpreted Howard's comments so that slapo-memberof supports tool mode
while tests done by me and Bryce suggest that it's not working as
expected.

That is not what Howard said at all.  He said:

"*No* overlays support tool mode. That's fundamental to the design."

I.e., no overlay gets loaded when you're running in tool mode.

Are there any caveats that I should be aware of when importing data in
this case using slapadd?

See the above statement.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc