Re: memberof overlay deployment

--On Wednesday, December 07, 2011 3:08 PM +0000 Asplund Marko <marko.asplund@ixonos.com> wrote:

On 05/12/2011 19:42, "Howard Chu" <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Masarati wrote:

slapo-memberof(5) does not support tool mode;

*No* overlays support tool mode. That's fundamental to the design.

Being an OpenLDAP novice I'm a bit confused about what this means in
practice.

I tried adding a group to my directory using slapadd and I can confirm
what Bryce Powell already reported:
memberOf attribute value for group members don't get populated when the
group is added using slapadd.

Could someone explain what "supporting tool mode" means in concrete terms
in this case?
What's the recommended method for importing groups so that member's
memberOf attribute values get correctly populated?

"slapadd" is a tool. "slapcat" is a tool. Running either of those binaries means you're running in "tool mode".

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.