Re: slapd hanging - meta backend - Solaris 10

--On Monday, December 05, 2011 6:09 PM +0100 Lincoln Souzek <lsouzek@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I've seen a couple of instances where slapd becomes unresponsive,
apparently because the threads are waiting on a backend meta DB. We're
running slapd 2.4.23 on Solaris 10 (update 11/06). We have 128 threads
configured and when I attach with truss, I see 130 allocated, most of
which look like this:

I would note there have been some re-entry fixes for back-meta since 2.4.23 was released. I would suggest you re-try with the latest OpenLDAP version as a first step.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.