openldap user login

Hi,

   I am using openldap-2.4.19-4 on fedora 12 machine. In order to protect roobindpw, I removed that from /etc/ldap.conf and written it in /etc/ldap.secret with root access only. Now, /etc/ldap.conf file (with permissions 644) contents w.r.t. bind are as follows:

# The distinguished name to bind to the server with.
# Optional: default is to bind anonymously.
#binddn cn=root,dc=abc,dc=com

# The credentials to bind with.
# Optional: default is no credential.
#bindpw cluster

# The distinguished name to bind to the server with
# if the effective user ID is root. Password is
# stored in /etc/ldap.secret (mode 600)
rootbinddn cn=root,dc=abc,dc=com

but now when I do $ssh ldap_6@client-node-name, I get the following message:

id: cannot find name for user ID 514
id: cannot find name for user ID 514
[I have no name!@client-node-name ~]$

when i do $id on client node I get the followng:

uid=514 gid=514(ldap_6) groups=514(ldap_6)

Any idea what could be the problem?

--

Thanks & Regards,
Jayavant Ningoji Patil