Re: memberof overlay deployment

Hi, actually it has been a while since I did it last time... it could be that my memory starts to faulting.
But this behaviour could also be due to the oldness of your memberOf overlay. I cannot afford again the slapcat/drop/slapadd these days, sorry.

Marco

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Bryce Powell <Bryce.Powell@telus.com> wrote:
Hi,

I tried the method suggested by Marco to populate memberOf attributes of existing entries:

>> How would you recommend getting memberof values populated in the existing directory?

> If you can afford a sequence of:
> stop -> slapcat -> drop db -> slapadd
> Everything gets populated as desired.

I tried this and the directory was restored minus the memberOf attributes. I used the following commands on version 2.4.11 (yes, I know I have to upgrade …) :

/usr/local/sbin/slapcat -l data_20111201.ldif
(..drop db..)
/usr/local/sbin/slapadd -c -v –l data_20111201.ldif

‘Manual’ group membership updates do result in the memberOf attributes getting updated, so I know the overlay is working.

Thanks,
Bryce Powell

Non è forte chi non cade, ma chi cadendo ha la forza di rialzarsi.
                    Jim Morrison