Re: unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery - question

Hello,

thanks a lot for your info.
> You need to cleanly shut down slapd before rebooting.  And/or fix your
init
> scripts to correctly shut down slapd when rebooting.

Due to windows OS i cannot make sure that slapd.exe is not killed, after
40 secs at shutdown every process gets killed.

> Otherwise, you should
> be performing a db_recover *prior* to starting slapd after such a
reboot,
> and you may have lost data, and certainly the database is likely not in
> good state.

I searched the list and found several different informations to
db_recover.
In older versions it was not advised to do a manual db_recover.

Can db_recover still harm a consistent database (I use db-5.1.25.NC /
hdb)?

To be more precise, should I try to find out, if a unclean shutdown
occured and then db_recover manually or can I db_recover with the 5.1.25
DB and Openldap 2.4.26 at every startup?

Regards,
Frank