Re: Solved: Re: Possible ACL Issue while try to read Root DSE

Hi Dieter,

Am 01.12.2011 09:27, schrieb Dieter KlÃnter:
Am Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:05:24 +0100
schrieb Axel Birndt<towerlexa@gmx.de>:

Is this security conform? Or it is better to allow only authenticated
Users to read this?

Are there any best practices for this?

dn.base="" exposes rootDSE which has to be read by any client, so this
should be anonymous readable, same applies to cn=subschema as clients
have to know the attribute types and objectclasses available.
But nobody should have access to schema database, so remove rule {1}

thanks for your hint.

I changed my rules now to this:

- for olcDatabase={-1}frontend,cn=config

{0}to dn.base="" by * read
{1}to dn.base="cn=Subschema" by * read
{2}to * by dn.exact=gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth manage by * break

- for olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config

{0}to attrs=userPassword,shadowLastChange by dn="cn=admin,dc=2axels-company,dc=ro" write by anonymous auth by self write by * none
{1}to dn.base="" by * read
{2}to dn.base="cn=Subschema" by * read
{3}to * by dn="cn=admin,dc=2axels-company,dc=de" write by * read

In my opinion its not needed to have the rule {1} and {2} in the "olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config" section? Right?

In the moment this results from my testing all around the ACL-Rules...

--

Gruà Axel