Re: Possible ACL Issue while try to read Root DSE

Hi Ondrej,

Am 29.11.2011 08:37, schrieb Ondrej Kuznik:
Make sure you check your ldap.conf or explicitly say you require a
simple bind using the "-x" command line switch. What you're receiving
seems more like a bind failure (after which the client bails) than a
search failure.

Try this:
ldapsearch -x -D "" -s base -b "" -h localhost

If this does not print the RootDSE or returns anything other than a
success, your server ACL or other settings are most likely misconfigured.

I tried the command from above:

 ldapsearch -x -D "" -s base -b "" -h localhost
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope baseObject
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

With your description, i should got a little bit more, right?

I'll try to fix my acl's and test it again.

Could you tell me please, which output i could expect? Maybe you are able to give me an example, so i could verify it by myself?

--

Gruß Axel