Possible ACL Issue while try to read Root DSE

Hi @All,

i'am new on this list and i have a question.

While i'am using the tool web2ldap from Michael Stroeder and try to create a new entry with this tool.

I'am using openldap with cn=config backend on ubuntu 10.04

Michael mentioned it could be a acl problem, because his tool couldn't read the Root DSE

If i specify the search base and the adminuser i could see the content of the Tree root.

ldapsearch -b "dc=2axels-company,dc=de" -s base 'objectclass=*' -h localhost -D cn=admin,dc=2axels-company,dc=de -W

-------------------->>
abirndt@ubuntunb:~$ ldapsearch -b "dc=2axels-company,dc=de" -s base 'objectclass=*' -h localhost -D cn=admin,dc=2axels-company,dc=de -W
Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=2axels-company,dc=de> with scope baseObject
# filter: objectclass=*
# requesting: ALL
#

# 2axels-company.de
dn: dc=2axels-company,dc=de
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: 2axels-company.de
dc: 2axels-company

But if i use ldapsearch with the following command i got nothing:

ldapsearch -b "" -s base 'objectclass=*'

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such object (32)

Could you help me please to identify if there is a problem with reading the Root DSE?

What could i do next ?

Any help is very appreciated.

--

Gruß Axel