Re: Syncrepl error causes consumers to freeze

--On Monday, November 28, 2011 11:07 AM +0200 Nick Milas <nick@eurobjects.com> wrote:

Hello,

Since I had no feedback on this problem, should I guess that the issue
has been tackled in latest version?

Would it be related to ITS 6892
(http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Software%20Bugs?id=6892)?

I would like to know if I should upgrade consumers to 2.4.27/28 with a
high priority or not!

Please advise.

You've provided zero information on why they are freezing (i.e., a backtrace with debugging symbols enabled on the servers where slapd has "frozen"). Of course, I would suggest (attempting) to reproduce the issue with the latest version, as there were numerous fixes related to syncrepl & syncprov in 2.4.27/28. I personally would advise against mixing versions, also. Make all servers run the same OpenLDAP version.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.