Re: How to remove global slapd config values

Hi David
did you ever try to change the value in the cn=config subtree?

suomi

On 2011-11-24 08:05, David Donn wrote:
Hi,

I set the config value for "directory" to /var/openldap-data in my
slapd.conf. But now I would like to remove my setting and just go with
the default for this (/var/lib/ldap AFAIK). But I can't seem to get rid
of the old value. I have tried removing /etc/openldap/slapd.d/*,
/var/openldap-data and /var/lib/ldap/*.

Whenever I run "slaptest -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -F
/etc/openldap/slapd.d" it complains that /var/openldap-data doesn't
exist. How does it even know about this directory any more?

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.4.23 on RHEL 6.1.

Cheers,
David