Re: OpenLDAP syncrepl woes

read that already:

my original question was the following:

Granted the above issues might be explained away in that we don't yet
have enough ram on the machines yet, however it does seem to present
us with a problem when we notice the discrepancy, how do we during run
time re-sync the data from the provider server? I have tried the slapd
-c rid=2,csn=20111114000000.000000Z but that doesn't seem to do any
good. (I've tried several different values of csn=0
csn=20111114000000.000000Z#000000#000#000000 etc. to no avail)

from man slapadd

LIMITATIONS
       Your  slapd(8) should not be running when you do this to ensure consis-
       tency of the database.

So how can I have slapd run, respond to what data it has currently yet
understand that it will update all it's data with the source provider
updating, adding, removing entries as necessary without removing the
database first?

Thanks
Jeffrey