Re: W.: Newbie: can't connect and enable logging

Logging is a few choices:

I run suse 12.1 milestone 5 [there are some dependencies here...]

* Either start the slapd deamon with debugging on  [-d] and a reasonable
value [-1 : is everything I think] : slapd startup is discussed in the admin
manual.

In /etc/init.d I just have a file slapd.local.debug:

/usr/lib/openldap/slapd -h "ldap:/// ldaps:///" -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d -u
ldap -g ldap -o slp=on -d -1

Which I use to start slapd in debug mode [not that I ever have to do that
mind you....]

*or tail -f localmessages [I think that is the default (?)]

There is a Suse Browser available in 12.1 MS 5 that will allow you to
"browse" the ldap config you have set up.... It appears to work both with
tls/ssl and with out.

My openldap is 2.4.26.