Re: Limiting host access

On Monday, 21 November 2011 09:00:23 Jayavant Patil wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I am just storing the user related information in the directory.
>    e.g.
>    My .ldif file contents are as follows:
>
>    dn: uid=ldap_5,ou=People,dc=dc,dc=com
> uid: ldap_5
> cn: ldap_5
> sn: ldap_5
> mail: ldap_5@dc.com
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: posixAccount
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: shadowAccount
> shadowLastChange: 13998
> shadowMax: 99999
> shadowWarning: 7
> loginShell: /bin/bash
> uidNumber: 513
> gidNumber: 513
> homeDirectory: /lustre/home/ldap_5

One method would be to add the hostObject objectclass, from ldapns.schema
(shipped with pam_ldap source), and add a host attribute with the 'hostname'
of the host for each host the user should be allowed to log in to, and set
'pam_check_host_attr yes' in /etc/ldap.conf (see 'man pam_ldap').

Of course, this depends on which pam module you are using, and there are other
options.

<whm@stanford.edu>wrote:
> >> --On Monday, November 21, 2011 11:06:21 AM +0530 Jayavant Patil <
> >>
> >> jayavant.patil82@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>  Hi,

Regards,
Buchan