Re: Newbie: can't connect and enable logging

Hi,
This how I enable logging for openldap on red hat.
In the /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file add this line.

loglevel       256

In the file /etc/syslog.conf add this line.

local4.debug /var/log/slapd.log

Now your slpad log will be in /var/log/slapd.log

I hope this helps