Re: About set LDAP passwd expires

On 11/11/2011 03:10, Gary Jsz wrote:
Hi,All

     I want set my ldap user's password expires in linux server.  how
can to do?   or the LDAP service read the linux system's /etc/login.defs
file?
If you use (as almost all distributions are doing) the traditional posixAccount account approach, you must set the shadowMax attribute to the maximum number of days the password can be considered value. And be sure that when you change an user password the shadowLastChange attribute is updated.

Simone
--
Simone Piccardi                                 Truelite Srl
piccardi@truelite.it (email/jabber)             Via Monferrato, 6