MDB distribution

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
Brett @Google wrote:

Sorry for the "fuzzy" logic :P, but :

My thoughts for no:

1. The name will affect only the name of the backend module, which is
logically a unit under the scope of openldap (and all backends share a
prefix), it can't exist by itself.

This point is false; libmdb builds on its own and is intended for use in more than just OpenLDAP. (I already spelled this out in my LDAPCon presentation...) I've ported SQLite to use it, for example, and I will be porting it to Cyrus SASL (sasldb), Heimdal, and various other miscellaneous stuff that comes along. The API is fully documented in Doxygen, and part of the reason I went to that trouble was to ensure that other programmers could use it easily.

Mmm. That sounds interesting. I have only just read your LDAPCon presentation, i have been away. Will the source for mmdb library itself eventually live separately somewhere, or just bundled with ldap ?

Cheers
Brett

--
The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Albert Einstein