Re: ACL using Group

--On Friday, November 11, 2011 11:40 AM -0800 Rakesh Aggarwal <rakesh.aggarwal@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks!

I am using OpenLdap 2.4.23 on RedHat, and using Apache Directory Studio
as the client on a different machine.

I am having issues trying to setup ACL using Group. The only non-standard
aspect in my schema design is that the groups container is located in a
organization specific sub-tree of DIT and not under DIT root, e.g.

Âaccess to dn.subtree="ou=resources,ou=dept1,ou=ns1,dc=example,dc=com"
Âattrs = "entry,@myResourceClass"
Âgroup.exact="cn=myadmin,ou=groups,ou=dept1,ou=ns1,dc=example,dc=com"
write continue
Âby * break

access to * by * read

What you pasted is not a valid ACL statement. I expect it to fail. You may want to try adding the word "by" in front of "group.exact".

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.