Re: Help with Cyrus configuration - testsaslauthd not working

Hi Dan,
Awesome I got it to work, but I have a couple of comments to add for
future reference:
1) I was using quotes around the ldap_bind_dn, because it has blanks in
it, but by looking at wireshark I realized that the string is also being
quoted by saslauthd so
I was ending up with double quotes and therefore an invalid DN
2) The ldap_filter has to read (distinguishedName=%u), there is no "dn"
attribute in
Active Directory. If that's not correct then authentication also fails,
because - as it was pointed out in some other list I was reading -
authentication is a two pass affair. First it binds the ldap_bind_dn user
with which it does a search for the authenticating user. Then, the result
of that search is used to bind the authenticating user. Since the DN is
required for binding, the filter must return the distinguishedName in case
of AD.