Re: slapcat -n 0 and slapadd

Craig White wrote:

On Oct 26, 2011, at 12:00 PM, Howard Chu wrote:

Craig White wrote:
Having migrated to dynamic config, I'm looking for a reasonable way to
restore in the event of a disaster.

The discussion last week got me curious and though I can slapcat -n 0 -l
$SOME_FILE I can't slapadd this same file because it complains that I don't
have a slapd.conf file, which of course is true... I haven't needed it with
the dynamic configuration backend.

What's the minimum that I would need in a slapd.conf file so I can simply
'rm -fr /var/lib/ldap/*&&   slapadd -l $SLAPD_BACKUP' ?

You don't need a slapd.conf file at all. You just need to tell it where to slapadd the configuration.

slapadd -F new/slapd.d -n0 config.ldif
----
# mkdir /etc/ldap/slapd.d

# slapadd -l slapcat_config.ldif -F /etc/ldap/slapd.d
Available database(s) do not allow slapadd

There aren't any databases configured because I'm thinking recovery from a disaster, starting from a clean install as it were.

Pay attention. Even a monkey can copy text without omitting parts.

slapadd -F /etc/ldap/slapd.d -n 0 -l slapcat_config.ldif

--
  -- Howard Chu