Re: howto view slapd configuration : ldapsearch VS slapcat

Hi Howard,

As said in a previous mail, I had seen the "-a" option in the manual
that also says :  "-a : Deprecated : use -H ldap:///???(filter) instead."

I however tried "-a" and I humbly admit that I have not been able to
say : ' -s sub -b "cn=config" "(olcDatabase=*)" olcAccess ' using that
option ( by the way, I tend to beleive that it is not feasable and that
Sebastien was right at the end (-:

I also looked at the recommended "-H" option but :

- first, as I understand it "-H" can't be used if slapd doesn't run,

- Second, even with slapd runing, I have not been able with "-H" to say :
           -s sub -b "cn=config" "(olcDatabase=*)" olcAccess

I will survive without it to be honnest, but I just try to understand tools
and to be clean.

---
Olivier