Re: SLAPI plugins do not load

> However, this is probably beside the point. I'd sooner check with a
> debugger if you're actually calling dlopen("/proper/path/to/the.so"). If
> you are, it's unlikely that you'll need to debug libtool itself; it has
> successfully performed its wrapping and things are now in the hands of
> your linker. I doubt you'd find anything of note by debugging libtool
> itself in this scenario.
>
> If you never make it to an actual dlopen(), you're right, you may want
> libtool debugging.

Yes, plugin library is actually being loaded. But after that it pulls
libslapi.so, unsuccessfully. My bad, last time I haven't noticed an
important line in ld-linux.so debug output:

/usr/local/lib/libslapi-2-devel.so.0: error: symbol lookup error:
undefined symbol: entry2str_mutex (fatal)

That's why ltdl cannot load a plugin. However, this doesn't make things
much clearer: that entry2str_mutex symbol is definitely present in the
slapd binary, according to nm output:

[root@localhost slapd]$ nm slapd | grep entry2str_mutex
082676b0 B entry2str_mutex

Dimitri