Re: adding monitor to cn=config on already running slapd

On Freitag 14 Oktober 2011 18:53:30 Craig White wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2011, at 5:44 AM, Ralf Haferkamp wrote:
[..]

> > The other entries of your LDIF seem broken in similar ways, btw.
>
> ----
> this worked... (thanks)
> # Load dynamic backend modules
> dn: cn=module{0},cn=config
> changetype: modify
> add: olcModuleLoad
> olcModuleload: back_monitor.la
>
> but I still can't seem to grok how to add the monitor database...
> (commented 'changetype' to use ldapadd instead of ldapmodify)
>
> dn: olcDatabase=monitor,cn=config
> #changetype: modify
> objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
> add: olcDatabase
> olcDatabase: {2}monitor
>
> adding new entry "olcDatabase=monitor,cn=config"
> ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17)
> 	additional info: add: attribute type undefined
Did you ever read the ldif(5) manpage or RFC2849? Both document very well
(the RFC even with examples) the differences between LDIF entry records
and change records. When using ldapadd the input file needs to be entry
records (hint: those don't have those add/replace/delete: <attrtype>
lines).

> and this doesn't work either (using ldapmodify)...
> dn: cn=config
> changetype: modify
> add: olcDatabase
> olcDatabase: {2}monitor
This one is completely bogus, your LDIF is telling slapd to add an
attribute "olcDatabase: {2}monitor" to the entry "cn=config". But in
reality you want to create a new entry with the DN:
"olcDatabase=monitor,cn=config"

Ralf