Re: Adding new Indexes while the directory is running

Diego Lima wrote:
Hello all,

I've recently migrated my OpenLDAP servers configurations to the
online configuration (cn=config) and I have a question on how to deal
with indexes. I can add a new index directive while the base is
running, but should I do this? Don't I need to stop the directory and
reindex the whole database when I add the new index entry? Or can I
add it and postpone running slapindex to a later time?

Next time read the slapd-bdb(5) manpage first before wasting your time and ours.

              changing index settings dynamically by LDAPModifying "cn=config"
              automatically causes rebuilding of the indices online in a backâ
              ground task.

--
  -- Howard Chu