Re: Installation Problem with BDB 4.8

--On Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:53 PM +0530 Rajeshwar Bharathi <rajeshwarbharathi@gmail.com> wrote:

All,

I am trying to install Open LDAP 2.4.23 with Berkley DB v4.8. I am
getting errors with the BDB version etc

My Server is a:
CentOS release 5.6 (Final)
2.6.18-238.19.1.el5
x86_64 GNU/Linux

The system already has older versions od BDB installed already on it.
[root@myserver]# rpm -qa|grep db4
db4-4.3.29-10.el5_5.2
db4-4.3.29-10.el5_5.2
db4-devel-4.3.29-10.el5_5.2
db4-devel-4.3.29-10.el5_5.2

To use the newly installed/supported BDB 4.8 version I use the
environment flags with my consfigure and make commands

Step 1:
$env
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include/"LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/Berk
eleyDB.4.8/lib" ./configure

You're missing a space in front of LDFLAGS.  Fix your execution.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.