Newbie here

I have downloaded and installed OpenLDAP from www.sunfreeware.com. I have also installed the required supporting software. I know nothing about OpenLDAP. This is my first exposure. It will be on a test setup, running on old SPARCstations. I have settup the conf file, started slapd and it returns to the the prompt. Adding the debug flag shows its complaining about Berkley DB. Has someone here made a similar setup? I don't have access to the machine at this point. Its not connected to the net. I was just wondering if someone else had a like install. Thanks.