Re: Generating unique identifier

--On Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:14 PM -0700 sim123 <Sim3159@gmail.com> wrote:

Does openldap support generating uniqueÂidentifierÂor guids, I need to
generate it using a ldap C API and wondering if DS does that for me or do
I need my own GUID generator in application.

The answer depends on what you are really asking. Every entry in the OpenLDAP server has a unique identifier associated with it, called entryUUID. If you're asking if it can create unique Group ID's or uidNumber values, no it does not.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.